Islam desires that the nikah be announced in public so people are aware it. One method of informing people of the nikah and also to share the happiness brought by the union of the husband and wife is by conducting the nikah in the masjid. Islamstl provides nikah services for Muslims according to Islamic teachings of marriage principles.
- Carefully read and understand all guidelines listed below.
- Complete the application form.
- Once submitted, our office will contact you via email to confirm the requested date and time.
- Nikha fee would be $200 in masjid and $500 outside the masjid non-refundable service fee.
- Obtain a marriage license from the St Louis County Clerk’s office within 60 days of the Nikah date.
- Bring the following documents on the day of the nikah:
- Marriage license from the St Louis County Clerk’s office
- Valid photo IDs of both bride and groom
Note 1: Dar Ul Islam will provide one of its resident scholars to perform the nikah.
Note 2 : Upon receipt of the completed marriage license by the St Louis Count Clerk’s office, they will retain the official marriage certificate for their records. If you would like a copy of your marriage certificate, you must contact the St Louis County Clerk directly and request one. (This request form is usually provided along with the marriage license).
- No photography or video of any type is allowed anywhere on the Dar Ul Islam masjid premises unless its approved.
- No food or sweets is to be distributed inside the prayer hall. Boxed sweets can be given on the way out.
- We recommend that the nikah be booked a minimum of four weeks prior to the planned date.
- The nikah is performed in the main prayer hall or in Imam’s office.
- The prospective couple may obtain a marriage license from their county office.
- Dar Ul Islam will keep a copy of the official marriage license for its records.
- We require the presence of two Muslim male witnesses for the groom and a guardian (wali) for the bride.
- The bride’s father is considered to be a guardian (wali) of the bride by default. In the absence of the father, the representative scholar from Islamstl performing the nikah will guide the future couple to possible alternatives depending on circumstances.
- With consultation and approval of the bride, the groom will offer, in writing, the dowry (mahr) to the bride. The amount of the dowry will be recorded on the marriage certificate.
- The details of the nikah will be recorded on a document which will be signed by the bride, groom, guardian (wali), and the witnesses. Islamstl Foundation will produce a marriage certificate, providing a copy to the bride and groom. Dar Ul Salam will keep a copy of the marriage certificate for its records.
- The official marriage license will be signed by the representative Dar Ul Salam scholar performing the nikah. The Dar Ul Salam representative will mail the original license to St Louis County for the registration of the marriage.
- Dar Ul Islam Foundation reserves the right to refuse the performance of a nikah without reason. However, the possibility of this occurring is very low, especially if the above rules are adhered to and proper protocol is followed.
* Click Here to request Nikah service