Ballwin, MO 63011
The Al-Salam Day School Early Childhood Center’s humble beginning began in the lower level of the Al-Salam Day School building located at 519 Weidman Road which is now used as a storage area.
In 2014, with the continuous support of the community, the 8200 sq. foot building located at 1400 Wyncrest was bought, completely renovated and specially designed to meet the needs of all children from ages 6 weeks old to Kindergarten.
At the ADS Early Childhood Center we believe in developing the child as a whole: emotionally, socially, intellectually, physically and spiritually.
Our program is developed to meet the needs of each child at each grade level. Beginning in the daycare from ages 6 weeks to 18 months old and 18 months to 2 years of age, three preschool classes consisting of ages 3 to 5 and lastly the two Kindergarten classes filled with eager learners, ages 5 and 6.
At our fully accredited schools, our goal is to foster happy, intelligent, well-adjusted children, who not only absorb the Islamic and academic teachings but carry a life-long love of Islamic and academic learning into the real world and represent the best of our society, inshaAllah.
From the one-of-a-kind Islamic programs to the experienced teachers, the ECC is safe, inviting, and a home away from home.
With the goal of creating a strong Islamic foundation, and producing a great generation of Ummah, children at the ECC learn:
- To have an understanding and love for Allah (SWT)
- To know who is the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) through storytelling activities, teacher’s play and child’s play
- To love the Qur’an as the book of Allah
- To make wudu (ablution) and salah (prayer) and practice it
- The basics of the Arabic language through games, puzzles, activities, movement
- To recognize Arabic alphabet letters
- To identify the Arabic names of shapes, colors, numbers, animals, body parts, etc.
- To listen to and recite Arabic nasheeds that reinforce Arabic concept
- To recite Islamic duas in Arabic
- To engage in conversation and interactions with common vocabulary and useful phrases
- To enjoy and memorize Islamic songs that develop character and promote pride in being Muslim